CHARLESTON VILLAGE HOMEOWNER'S ASSOCIATION

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

 

October 18, 2001

 

 

 

MEMBERS PRESENT:                 Brett Etter, Dave Hausfeld, Barbara Key, David Randle

                                               

 

OTHERS PRESENT:                     Beth Harvey - HRW Inc.

 

CALL TO ORDER:                          The meeting at the clubhouse was called to           order at 6:15 p.m.

 

 

OLD BUSINESS:

 

Minutes from the meeting on August 23, 2001, were read and approved. Brett and Barbara gave first and second motions to approve the minutes.

 

Michael and Marjorie McLennon were at the meeting to dispute the withholding of their clubhouse security deposit from a party during the summer at the clubhouse.  The McLennons argued that they had verbal approval from Cindy at HRW to use the pool along with their clubhouse rental, even though the signed, written contract did not reflect that special approval.  HRW agreed to place a note in our reservation book to clearly state that rental of our clubhouse does not include the use of the pool.  After discussions back and forth, the Board unanimously decided to refund their security deposit due to this apparent miscommunication about the use of the pool during a clubhouse rental.

 

After research on 1907 Keokuk Court, it was discovered that the residents moved 18 months ago and the unpaid funds were not collected at the time of sale.  Brett made a motion to write-off the unpaid dues and fines, totaling $225 from 1907 Keokuk Court since we are unable to collect.  All other homes with large unpaid balances have a lien placed on their home so this “slipping through the cracks” cannot happen again.

 

At the annual meeting, several homeowners expressed concern over flooding problems along the creek.  Dave Hausfeld reported that he met with those homeowners along the greenway who are having flooding problems to assess the situation.  Drees will help to replace rip rap rocks along the drainage pipes leading to the creek to help speedy drainage from yards to the creek.  It was also discussed that the grounds committee should tag and remove all dead trees along the creek.  Removing dead trees and large debris should help the flow of the creek. 

 

NEW BUSINESS:

 

Rob Dixon was elected to the Board, but has since found that he must relocate back to Arkansas.  To replace him, we will look at the votes from the annual meeting and see who had the next most votes.  That person will be asked to join the Board.

 

The Board members will assume the following positions for 2002:  Dave Hausfeld, President, Brett Etter, Vice President, Barbara Key, Secretary, David Randle, Treasurer.

 

There was discussion concerning the management company.  We do not know who will be our permanent HRW representative or if we plan to stay with HRW.  Brett will arrange a meeting for the board to meet with HRW to discuss our community needs and wants from a management company.  The meeting will be either October 6 or October 30 at 8:30 a.m.

 

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

 

 

Architectural

 

The committee approved the Recreation Lot plans.

 

Grounds

 

Frank DiBari will be the new committee chairman.  Beth Harvey will follow-up with the Town of Apex concerning the damage made to the greenway when the Town came in to work on sewer drains.  On October 22, the sprinkler system will be repaired. 

 

Jeff Clymer will lead a group to investigate pond improvement.  The group will assess clearing a path along the pond and constructing a bridge leading across the sidewalk to the pond.

 

Social

 

Our general funds will help cover the cost of the tent used at the Annual Pig Picking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

ADJOURNMENT:

 

 

The next meeting will be Tuesday, January 15, 2002, at 6 p.m. at the clubhouse.  There being no further business to discuss, a motion was made to adjourn the meeting.

 

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Barbara Key

Secretary

Charleston Village Homeowners' Association