CHARLESTON VILLAGE HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
July 28, 2003
MEMBERS PRESENT: Barbara Key, David Randle, Rob Sauerwalt
MEMBERS ABSENT: Franc DiBari (excused), Dave Hausfeld
OTHERS PRESENT: Doris Bowen, Laura Linton, Dawn Bradley
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting at the clubhouse was called to order at 6:35 p.m.
- No items were presented during open forum.
- The June 23, 2003 minutes were approved as written. Motion to approve, Barbara. Approved unanimously.
- There was no report from the Architectural Committee.
- There was no report from the Clubhouse Committee.
- There was no report from the Communications Committee.
- There was no report from the Grounds Committee.
- Dawn Bradley reports that the pool pump will be looked at this week by Mr. Nash.
- Laura Linton reports that the committee is looking into getting a keycard system for the pool as the pool lock has broken several times. They will see if the system can also be used with the clubhouse.
- Laura reports that the committee is looking into different types of structures and awnings to provide shade at the pool.
- Dawn reports that CV was shipped the wrong order of pool furniture. HRW paid the invoice several months ago. Patio Options will pick up the shipment.
- There is only one pool attendant at present. He has been scheduled for over 40 hours per week. Paying him time and a half for overtime is within budget due to the pool being closed often during the rainy summer.
- Non-residents have been using a resident’s pool key without the resident present. They broke the pool rope, were “shelling peas” at the pool, smoking and tossing the cigarette butts in the mulch beds, etc. The resident’s key was confiscated. HRW should send a letter about the violation, a copy of the pool rules, and their key. The letter will say that pool privileges will be revoked upon a repeat violation.
- Laura reports that a kiddie pool will cost as much to maintain as the existing pool as it has to have a separate pump, etc.
- HRW should send an updated list of all CV residents.
- There was no report from the Social Committee.
- Rob reports that we are not moving anything into investments at present. Everything is coming back to cash.
- There are no exposures on operating cash flow due to investments.
- Rob is investigating item 05565. It appears to be over budget.
- Rob will investigate the payment from HRW to Patio Options vs. what was ordered and what was received.
- Last month is the first month where we were operating at a deficit. The deficit is $66. We thought that we would have a $3,000 overall deficit, but we are operating with $15,000 positive.
1. No unfinished business.
1. No new business.
The next meeting will be Monday, August 25, 2003, at 6 p.m. at the clubhouse. There being no further business to discuss, a motion was made to adjourn the meeting. Approved unanimously.
Charleston Village Homeowners' Association