Charleston Village Homeowners Association
November 24, 2003
Members Present: Franc DiBari, David Randle, Tim Ruff, and Rob Sauerwalt
Members Absent: None
Others Present: Joe DiBari, Dawn Stokes
I. Open Forum: N/A
II. Call to Order: The meeting at the clubhouse was called to order at 6:00 P.M.
III. Establish Quorum: Quorum established
IV. Minutes Approved:
- The November 6, 2003 Meeting minutes and the 2003 Annual Meeting minutes were approved as written. Motion to approve by Rob Sauerwalt; motion approved unanimously.
Election of Officers:
- Motion made by Rob Sauerwalt to appoint Joe DiBari to Board of Directors, to fill vacancy previously held by David Hausfeld (Drees Homes). Motion approved; Tim Ruff obstained.
- Board conducted vote via hand written ballots for President’s position, vacated as a result of Barbara Key’s three year assignment expiring.
- Votes were cast 3-2 in favor of Rob Sauerwalt over David Randle.
- David Randle formally announced his resignation based on the results of the election for Board President.
- Each Board Member personally requested David to reconsider and remain on the Board in another capacity, based on David’s outstanding contributions to the Board and the community.
- As a result of David Randle’s unexpected resignation, Tim Ruff motioned the appointment of Dawn Stokes as a new Board member. Franc DiBari seconded the motion.
- New Board of Directors consists of:
President: Rob Sauerwalt
Vice President: Franc DiBari
Treasurer: Dawn Stokes
Secretary: Joe DiBari
Member at Large/Head of ARB: Tim Ruff
- Tim Ruff motioned approval/election of officers. Motion seconded by Rob Sauerwalt.
V. President’s Report:
- Rob welcomed new Board Members.
- Stressed focus on areas of improvement and beautification of CV, improved communications and to raise level of professionalism.
VI. Treasurer’s Report:
- Tim Ruff proposed not reviewing 2004 budget at this time.
- Franc DiBari motioned to review at this time; motion denied.
- Dawn Stokes motioned to postpone Budget approval to Dec 1, 2003. Rob Sauerwalt seconded motion.
VII. Committee Reports:
- Due to non-representation of committee chairpersons, Rob Sauerwalt motioned to postpone committee reviews.
- Motion seconded by Franc DiBari
VIII. Management Company’s Report:
- Sheri Fincher submitted and reviewed Report prepared by R. S. Fincher and Co.
- As cost saving alternative, R. S. Fincher suggested putting grass eating carp in Foster’s Pond to maintain algae growth during hot weather.
- Motion made by Franc DiBari to use lower of the three existing bids for tree removal. Motion seconded by Dawn Stokes.
- Rob Sauerwalt signed one-year contract renewal (previously approved) for Fontaine Landscaping.
- Pool season for 2004 will be May 7 - Sept 30, weather permitting.
- Motion by Franc DiBari to accept pool contract by R&P Pool Management. Motion seconded by Rob Sauerwalt and contract signed.
- Sheri Fincher provided suggestions for open meetings, i.e., and limiting open forums to 5 minutes per homeowner and advise that issue at hand is not to be resolved at that time and also limit 5 minutes for committee reports as well. Also suggested Committees should provide handouts whenever they have proposals and/or ideas.
IX. Old Business:
- Discussed issue regarding homeowner’s swingset on lot 61; concern expressed by homeowner on lot 60. Tim Ruff will conduct an on-site inspection.
X. New Business:
- Motion by Rob Sauerwalt to schedule future Board meetings for the 4th Monday of each month at 6:00 P.M. Motion seconded by Tim Ruff.
- Rob Sauerwalt proposed to discuss recognition of former Board Members, Barbara Key and David Randle for their valuable contributions to the Board and the community.
- Franc DiBari made motion to obtain plaques and/or restaurant certificates. Motion seconded by Rob Sauerwalt and motion carried.
- Tim Ruff made motion to elect Matt Stokes as Chairperson for the Architectural Committee. Motion seconded by Franc DiBari and approved unanimously; Dawn Stokes obstained.
- The next regular meeting will be Monday, January 26, 2004, at 6:00 P.M. at the CV Clubhouse. There being no further business to discuss, Franc DiBari motioned to adjourn the meeting and Rob Sauerwalt seconded the motion.
Joe Di Bari
Charleston Village Homeowners' Association