Charleston Village Homeowners Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

 

April 26, 2004

 

 

Officers Present:                                  Franc DiBari, Tim Ruff,  Rob Sauerwalt, Dawn Stokes

 

Officers Absent:                                   Joe DiBari

 

Others Present:                                    Ron and Sheri Fincher, Herman Jaffe, Brooks Depro, Marcus Baker, Wanda Hanley

 

I.   Open Forum:

-          Brooks Depro came to the meeting to confirm his resignation from the Nominating Committee.

-          Marcus Baker explained his case for a basketball goal on his lot, which currently resides on his lot next to the road.

-          Herman Jaffe discussed the new Shade Cover quotes for the play area.

 

II.  Call to Order:                                  The meeting at the Charleston Village Clubhouse was called to order at 6:10 P.M.

 

III.  Establish Quorum:                         The Board Members present, constituted a quorum.

 

 

IV. Minutes Approved:

-          The March 29, 2004 minutes were approved as corrected.  Motion to approve by Rob Sauerwalt; seconded by Franc DiBari

 

V.  President’s Report:

-          Rob provided feedback on getting the newsletter out this month.  The new sign at Templeton Gap has been started. 

 

VI. Treasurer’s Report:

-          Dawn Stokes provided detailed review of the Treasurer’s Report.

-          No major expenses to report.

-          Incorporated budget line item ‘Pool – Repairs and Maintenance’ into line item ‘Rec. Repaint/Maint’.

-          There was a discussion regarding the Reserve Study.  Ron will provide a template of what to evaluate when setting up a Reserve.

 

VII. Committee Reports:

 

Architectural (ARC)

-          Dawn Stokes had notes from Matt Stokes regarding the committee actions this month.

-          Matt Stokes reported that five (5) Architectural Request forms have been reviewed.

-          Plot plans are required on current Architectural Request forms – there is no longer a requirement during closings to get the plot plans.  The ARB will discuss the matter on how to handle the plot plan requirement.

-          Review/rewriting of the current Architectural Standards and Guidelines is currently in progress.

 

Clubhouse

-          No Report this month.

 

Communications

-          The newsletter is due to go out this month.

 

Grounds

-          Franc DiBari reported that the Grounds Committee would meet the 1st Wed of each month.

-          The old sign at the Hold Road/Templeton Gap entrance has been dismantled/removed.  Still waiting for permit to break ground for the new sign (should be this week).

-          R.S. Fincher will get quotes for electricity for the new sign.

-          Repairs for damaged column at main entrance schedule to start ASAP.

-          Franc had Fontaine look at grass around Holt Road/Templeton Gap entrance.

-          R.S. Fincher will get quotes for electricity for the new sign.

-          Ron Fincher has met with the Army Corp of Engineers to discuss blockage of wet area by the Rec Lot and Old Jenks Road.   Construction equipment cannot be taken in there because it is a designated wetland.

-          Discussion regarding obtaining quotes for new wood chips for the Rec Lot.  R.S. Fincher needs to know what material for the chips.  Franc to provide type of material to R.S. Fincher. 

 

Pool

-          Wanda Hanley provided revised pool rules, new party policy, key release statement, bids for temporary shade structure, dates for key distribution, and Opening Pool Night scheduled for Friday May 7th.

-          A couple of corrections were provided to the new pool rules and the Party/Guest Request form.

-          What are the pool attendant’s actions in the case of open wounds, drunkenness, etc.?  The attendant is to get the pool committee involved, R&P pool management, and police, if needed.

-          When is a homeowner considered delinquent in paying dues?  The homeowner will be let in, but the pool attendant will note the homeowner’s name. 

 

Social

-          Dawn spoke for the Social committee with nothing to report for this month since they did not meet this month - the next meeting is scheduled for May.

Clubhouse

-          No report

 

VIII.  Manager’s Report:

-          Submitted with Board package/included in the Agenda for the April 26 meeting.  Brief summary as reported by Sheri Fincher:

-          Financial Records for 2003 have been sent to the CPA for audit still under review.

-          On site inspections are conducted by R.S. Fincher  every Thursday.

-          R.S. Fincher requested the name of the playground equipment to determine if there are other colors which better reflect heat.  Dawn will get the information.

-          Ron Fincher discussed a stand which holds the chairs in a controlled manner.  Looking to improve  the better utilize the chair spacing along with providing shelves.

-          Templeton Gap sign has been started and the repair of the post on Jenks road will be completed at the same time.

-          Paint quotes were provided for repairing the clubhouse.

-          Host Liquor Liability Agreement form was provided as recommended by the lawyer.  Rob motioned tabling this item until next meeting, motioned died. Recommended adding a line which specifies whether liquor will be available at the function.  Franc motioned to accept the Liability agreement for the clubhouse.  Dawn added an amendment of adding including events at the poolhouse – all approved.

 

IX.  Old Business:

-          Pool Card Keys:

-          It was decided to issue two cards to each household with forfeit of their $10 deposit.  The old key will be turned in at the time of receipt of the new card keys.  Tim motioned to allow two cards for each homeowner, Rob seconded with an amendment of forfeiting there $10 fee.  Motioned carried unanimously. 

-          Play Area Shading:

-          Herman Jaffe proposes the shade structure will improve HO’s house value by $500 – 1000.  With no money budgeted for this year, Rob proposed to table this item for 2005 budget, Tim Ruff seconded, the motioned carried with Rob / Tim / Dawn approved, Franc against.

-          Pool Shade Structure:

-          Building is scheduled for October 1, 2004.

-          A schematic will be provided of the new layout – Ron.

-          Pond Maintenance:

-          Rob motioned to table and until next month, so we can have the complete package for the next month’s meeting.

-          Appointment of Board Members:

-          Tim Ruff did not have feedback for this month’s meeting.  Dawn brought up backfilling Depro – can we get this added to the newsletter?

 

X.  New Business:

-          Next meeting May 24, 2004

-          Monies were requested for a Temporary Shade Structure and Opening Pool Night.

-          A motioned was made to approve the shade structure by Rob.  There was concern about securing the structures. Motion died. A motion was made that with the shade structure being built in the fall, this will cover shade requirements by Tim Ruff.   The temporary shade structure was voted down

-          Opening pool night requesting pizza and a DJ $625.  Franc motioned to approve the monies, Rob seconded.

 

 

XI.  Adjournment:

 

Rob motioned to move to close session, Dawn seconded.

 

The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 24, 2004 at 6:00 PM at the clubhouse

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Tim Ruff

Member at Large

Charleston Village Homeowners' Association