The Charleston Village Homeowners
Board of Directors
March 27, 2006
Officers Present: Michael Kennedy, Connie Friedline,
Officers absent: Tim Ruff
Others Present:, Margo Bills, and Beth Harvey
I. Open Forum
II. Call to Order
- Meeting at CV Clubhouse called to order at 6:37PM
III. Establish Quorum of Board
- Only one member absent, constitutes quorum
IV. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of January minutes tabled until next meeting
- Annual meeting minutes have still not been received by all
members of previous board and thus table their approval as well.
V. Treasures Report
- 1 CD matures in April. [NSB4084]
- Connie motions to roll it over to another 8 month CD Beth
thinks current rate is approx. 4.45%
- Table discussion of shifting funds from Money Market
account until next meeting.
VI. Committee reports
- Phil is quitting the committee, a replacement is needed.
ARB is disheartened by the basketball goal situation. The ARB requests
that any exceptions to the Architectural Standards go through proper
channels. That implies ARB, then to the board if the request is denied.
- Margo discussed “pet owner courtesy” signs with Town of
Apex Manager, Bruce Radford. Town will provide and place if we are
interested. Unanimously approved. Margo will ask for placement of 3 signs,
one near the greenway, one at pool area, and one by the Castleburg Pond.
- Discussion of potentially putting up bag dispensers to aid
in encouraging pet waste removal. Beth will forward websites with pricing.
- Margo will check with town to see if bag dispensers could
be attached to poles of signs.
- Margo researched town ordinance on street parking.
Regulations would make any parking in our neighborhood outside of the
driveway against regulations.
- No one has stepped forward to take over the pool
- Approval of French Drain at recreation area made official
after phone vote allowed procession of work.
- There was some explicit graffiti discovered on the picnic
tables and swing set in the play area. Connie and John Friedline sanded
the tables; Michael was going to attempt to remove the writing from the
swing set. Beth asked Apex police to step up observation of the area.
- Will table the discussion/purchase of Christmas decorations
until later in the year.
- Committee needs members.
- There will be no Easter egg hunt because there is no one
- Jennifer motioned for money to come out of the social
committee budget to fund advertising for community yard sale, Michele
- Penny Fields is stepping down as chair with arrival of
pool season. New chair needed.
- Jennifer did “walk throughs” and garbage in March, Michael
will do April, Connie will potentially take May until a replacement is
found. Michele will assume garbage can duties until replacement is found.
- Jennifer motions to allow
non-homeowners to be able to rent with a sponsor home–owner, Michele
seconds, Michael votes yes, Connie opposes. Motion passes.
- Newsletter printing prices discussed. Some question as to
differences in quotes. Michael and Beth will attempt to get more quotes.
VII. Management Company’s Report
VIII .Old business
- Burms on Holt revisited. Homeowners have been notified.
Beth says 3 have responded saying they will take care of it, 9 others had
not yet responded.
IX. New Business